Saturday, February 28, 2015

Meds working better, but maybe mania?

I booked a trip to Hawaii a few weeks ago. We had been talking about going for Christmas, but I said to Jon that I wanted to go sooner, maybe over spring break. Then, without even talking about it anymore, I was bored at work, looked up trips on the website we use when we book our cruises, and emailed Jon the details. He said he was a little too busy at work to respond but I should book it if I wanted. It was a lot of money -- $3500, and that's not going to include meals -- but I really wanted to go. We both have the time off. We have money in the bank. We want to use it for traveling. So I couldn't think of any reason not to do it. So I booked it. I can't wait to go!

But I'm a little worried it was an issue of mood disorder. Impulse control? Hypomania? It's kind of a big deal. We usually talk about trips for a while, look at different options, and decide together. Even a few nights ago, when I was looking at cruises for Christmas and I knew Jon and both wanted to go, and we had talked about different destinations, staterooms, etc., I couldn't do it.

The only research I had done was look up Hawaii resorts on the Cruise and Vacation Desk site and read a few of the reviews from TripAdvisor. I looked at what days might be cheaper to fly. Then I booked it. I apologized for stressing Jon out, but he said he can't really complain about going to Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring angst

Spring is usually my favorite time of year here, barring allergies. This spring has been cold and miserable, though, and I've been stres...